Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dinner Out: Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro

I certainly love cooking and consequently eating, but I also love having the opportunity to go out to dinner and let someone else do the hard work for me (and of course get some more ideas for myself to try at home!) Recently, hubby and I took a Saturday night when we didn't have our daughter, put our son with a sitter and headed out for a nice meal.

Our choice was Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro located in Virginia Beach's Town Center. Known of it's wine as the title implies and with over 300 varieties on premises, it is also a spot for delicious food. Hubby and I had dined there previously but it had been almost 5 years ago and for no other reason than we just forgot to go back!

So of course we started with wine ( I love Catena's malbecs) and we also started with a lovely crab and artichoke dip.

Then when our server mentioned that the chef had a caprese salad as his special tonight, I couldn't resist and if this picture is any clue, it was fabulous!
With tomato season to look forward to I am all about making my own version. Not sure if I am ready to make my own mozzarella as they do at the restaurant, but I'll be willing to pay for a super nice balsamic to even try to come close to this deliciousness!

Dinner was also divine...and I wish I could remember all of the delicious ingredients that made up this beef tenderloin over a risotto cake served with asparagus:
I only wish I had kept out my camera for dessert but honestly, it wasn't on the table for more than 10 minutes before it was devoured. Again, the server only said a few words and I was hooked. In this case those words were: Crème Brûlée, bourbon, chocolate and pecans. Enough said.


Thanks Sonoma for a memorable early anniversary dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment