Sunday, September 30, 2012

Crock-Pot French Toast: The Next Day

So, the Crock-Pot French Toast? This was what I woke up to the next morning. The house smelled like someone else was in my kitchen making French Toast (as if THAT would ever happen) and it looked delicious. The recipe (and others I found on a quick search just to be sure) said to take the lid off the last 15 minutes of cooking in order to brown the bread. THAT was a huge step although I don't doubt had I just scooped this into a bowl it would have been met with delight as well. However, the crisping did make it just like French toast out of the skillet.

The verdict from the family? Anything that my step-daughter says to make again is a keeper and hubby AND small son both gobbled it up. I couldn't resist serving it with bacon of course!
The original recipe linked to Pinterest is found HERE

You can follow my food and recipe board on Pinterest as well....I am always finding things that are interesting, inspirational and like this French toast, recipes I have to try. And as if there was a question, yes I have a bacon love page too!

2 comments:

  1. This is very Good recipe. Keep going on with your effort to write more posts.
    for more french toast recipes visit: http://frenchtoastrecipe9.com here many french toast ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice and testy recipe . so yummy wwww . thanks for this fresh and latest recipe i am totally right with you . your blog all article very helpful for all by windows 8 themes
    windows 8 wallpaper
    cool math games 4 kids

    ReplyDelete