Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reader Recipe: Spicy Buffalo Style Stuffed Chicken

I love when readers send in recipes they create or suggest for me to try. This one comes from reader (and former high-school classmate) Michelle. She sent me the link to George Duran's Spicy Buffalo Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts because obviously she knows my obsession with stuffed chicken!

It's a super easy recipe but you know me...I can never seem to follow one exactly! In this case, I decided not to make my own buffalo sauce but use a sauce made by a favorite local place of my husband's, Lendy's Cafe. Otherwise I followed the recipe as indicated.

I also decided to get a little creative. I LOVE buffalo chicken but I like dipping it in or eating it with something cool. So with a search of my fridge I saw we had leftover coleslaw dressing (Marie's makes a light version we love) and we had celery...so I made my own "slaw" of shredded celery and the dressing with a little shredded orange bell pepper added for flavor and color.

The finished product plated...and delicious!
The great thing about this recipe is I think you could use any cheese and sauce combination you like...super simple and simply tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment