Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Dishes, New Possibilites

Happy New Year!

You know what they say about good intentions, right? As in I had every intention of working on my blog during the holidays and it never came together. My company shut down from December 22 thru January 3 and it seemed reasonable that I would squeeze in a posting or two. Yet, family and friends took priority (as they should) and the below picture sums up what I did with my holiday break:
So, today I return to my beloved blog, excited for 2012.

As I start thinking about this new year and the upcoming adventures in food, I do find that there are some loose ends that need to be wrapped up for 2011 and some observations about the past year.

1. I was in fact crowned Hampton Road’s Top Home Chef in the first season of Cooking with Passion. It was an awesome experience as well as an eye opening one into the reality of filming reality TV. The respect I have for competitors in food challenge competitions is enormous and has done nothing but deepened my love for shows like Top Chef.

2. I was so inspired by my victory that as I previously mentioned, I auditioned for Season 3 of Gordon Ramsey’s Master Chef. I never did get a call back (and have heard the cast is set) but I remain proud of myself for putting myself out there..and I might even do it again.

3. I was offered my first gig as a blogger for a publication, only to have the opportunity dissolve at the last minute when the publication decided to go a different direction with its food section. That blog is still a good concept that will one day find a home. In the meantime, it’s title and content will still be something I will file away for the future.

4. I had a lot of plans of what I wanted/want this blog to be. But I have had to align the fact that I work outside the home full time, I am a mom, a step-mom, a wife, a volunteer at my church AND I am taking more graduate classes to further my HR career. I need to cut myself some slack for not posting every day or not as often as I want.

5. Never have I been more convinced that something food related is my eventual destiny as a career. For the time being it is a fabulous hobby that has unrelenting support from friends and family who I cannot thank enough for all of the encouragement.

Whether you are a continuous reader, a first-time lurker or just stumbled upon this accidentally, I wish for you a 2012 filled with adventure as you pursue your passion while I resolve to continue pursuing mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment