Monday, January 9, 2012

Meatless Monday: Cornbread

I have some great recipes planned this month for Meatless Monday! However, tonight the hubby is out on Rescue Duty so I will be enjoying just a simple veggie wrap and random leftovers.

I did decide it would be a good time to share this recipe I tried for cornbread, especially with the soup, chili and stew season upon us. I got the recipe from good old standby Betty-Crocker, but I made a few "light" changes. I used light butter, skim milk and Splenda and it still came out very tasty...a little denser than the full fat kind but just as flavorful.

Remember the Meatless Monday movement is about replacing one meal a week with one that doesn't involve meat, purely for health reasons. I know this is the time of year many of use pledge to exercise and eat right, and this is a simple no stress way to eat just a little better. I made a resolution to eat more fruits and vegetables daily in every meal in order to satisfy the recommended daily amount. So far, so good!

Have a meatless meal you love? Share your pics and recipes with me and you might be our reader recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment