Sunday, June 24, 2012

Shrimp Two Ways, Two Days - Part I

Not only does summer bring my love of the grill, but it brings my love of seafood too! I have had some shrimp in the freezer I have been aching to cook it and there are some new recipes I have been wanting to try..and experiment with! Might I add that a certain husband of mine is who I have made it a project to get him to love shrimp like I do, so extra pressure to make success!

So I started by looking for a tasty, easy and relatively light marinade because my first shrimp recipe idea was for shrimp skewers. Then I found a recipe for marinated grilled shrimp on AllRecipes.com . A super easy marinade of garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, basil, salt and cayenne pepper. They marinated in the fridge for about 45 minutes and then onto skewers they went. Frankly this was much easier than peeling those full two pounds!
My husband got to grill them (which frankly was another part of my shrimp plan. If he smelled them cooking how could he resist?) and when they came in, they were a beautiful sight!
I was so focused on those shrimp I skimped a little on the side, opting for a frozen veggie blend of wild rice with spinach and tomatoes. It made for a lovely plate though!
This recipe earned the husband and future company over dish seal of approval! Stay tuned for part II when I show you what happened to the leftover shrimp! Yes these were incredibly delicious but two pounds of shrimp is a little much for two people!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! I am anxious to try this with my freezer shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My HT freezer shrimp is exactky what I used :)

      Delete