Sunday, December 18, 2011

'Tis the Season to Be Busy

How has it been a week since my last post? I have been cooking, I have been eating...and yet every time I sit down it is not in front of the computer but instead at the end of a day filled with activities whether they be work, school or Christmas related! As a matter of fact, as I write this my husband is at Christmas play practice and my son is down for a nap and I just pulled the last dozen of four of sausage balls made for my husband's office and once the little guy gets up, we are making cookies for my office. Whew!

But the holidays should also be a time for reflection as we celebrate the wonderful gift the world was given. I look forward to the time with family and friends, the time off of work and the simple pleasure of good food and company. As the year winds down, my posts may be infrequent but I will continue to share what I learn and love about food. Take advantage of the Christmas season to make something for a neighbor or a friend. Break bread with a family member you haven't spent time with in a while. Donate your extra canned goods to your local food bank. There is no mystery as to why the holiday season brings on food...it brings us together.
Merry Christmas in advance dear readers...I look forward to many more holidays and celebrations to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment