Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quick Meal: Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Pasta

Remember my Steal of the Week on an Easy Alfredo? I decided to try something different with the same basic sauce. I had left over rotisserie chicken from the chicken and herb white pizza and wanted to use it in something other than my usual Mexican ventures and this unusually warm Fall weather is not calling for chicken soup. I thought why not add it to the Alfredo sauce but better yet get a little green in there too and we always have frozen spinach on hand!

I started by adding the spinach and fresh garlic to the melted butter used to make the sauce. Once the spinach was heated through I added the cream cheese:
Next the milk, black pepper and I used the last of our parmigiano reggiano:
While the sauce heated and thickened, I cooked a bag of our favorite Wacky Mac pasta and added the hot cooked pasta to the sauce:
The finished meal was quick, simple and tasty and made leftovers to freeze for work lunches:
This has really become my go-to way to make Alfredo and by using light butter, reduced fat cream cheese and 2% milk...it is even better for you than the light Alfredo sold in the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment