Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Night Bites: Fall Pork Roast

I am still kicking myself that I didn't take a picture of the finished product but here is the before of my little 2.5 pound boneless pork roast nestled in the crock-pot of goodness.

You can see the freshly pitted dates and onions and the fresh rosemary. What you can't see is the cored, peeled and sliced yellow delicious apples. To this I also added 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of cloves, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of allspice. It just sounded good together so in it went.

At the end of the work day I came home to a house smelling of Fall! The pork was tender and flavorful and the other ingredients made a delicious warm compote. At the end of dinner, I strained the remaining solids in the pot and stored the liquid for later use...I am thinking it will snazz up my ever faithful crock-pot pork barbecue!

No comments:

Post a Comment