Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Night Bites: Recipe Re-Do - Turkey Burgers

It takes me a while to "finish" a recipe. Even when I find something I (and the family) really like, I still tweak it a bit each time I make it until it either becomes second nature or the recipe is at the best place possible with no other substitutions or changes needed. Take the turkey burgers I made with the kids for instance. They were delicious but I knew I could make a few changes here and there. Rachel Ray's recipe calls for red peppers but this time I used green and I upped the cumin and chili powder quotient a bit since no one shies away from spicy. I also changed how I cooked them:
For me, the grill pan made a huge difference versus the non-stick skillet Rachel suggests. I used some super thick cut bacon this time around (baked in the oven of course!) and I made sure to use the family's favorite cheese. We added grapes and some sweet potato fries:
Eaten in a flash. My step-daughter prefers turkey burgers to regular burgers now and the flavor and moistness of these burgers make them a good choice for even the current non-turkey burger lover.

Happy Friday everyone! Hope your weekend is full of yummy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment