Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Steal of the Week: Chicken and Herb White Pizza

This month I tried something a little different when I planned for the month...I decided to concentrate on one source for my new recipes. I thought this might be a fun way of trying new things but also help me get through my pile of magazines! The recipe I stole this week is from by now what most of you should know is one of my favorite magazines: Cooking Light. The husband was especially interested in their Chicken and Herb White Pizza so I added it to the menu and went to work!

First of all, I always scoop up the pizza dough balls from my local Harris Teeter whenever they go on sale for 99 cents AND on Sunday's they usually mark down their rotisserie chickens $2 off. And since I also plan my menus based on ingredients...I already had the grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese too! The sauce was very easy and took no time to make. The only change I had to make was one of my own doing...how on earth was I out of fresh garlic? So in went garlic powder instead!
I will admit I am still having some difficulty with making a round of pizza dough! But the sauce still looked pretty yummy on it even if it was misshapen:
I followed the instructions to the letter, even ensuring I cooked it on the bottom rack. Anyone with a pizza stone know if that would make a difference? This picture in hindsight makes me laugh...looks like my tasty pizza is in jail!
Topped with parsley and chives from my very own herb garden (I didn't have fresh oregano and decided it didn't really need it) and the result was very good. Hubby suggested adding some crushed red pepper to the sauce (shocker) and the fresh garlic will definitely make a difference.
I think it will make a great appetizer pizza and I plan to try it with my own homemade dough...sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment