Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cook Crook Creation: Stuffed Pork Chops

Remember those roasted grape tomatoes? I was inspired to use them in an interesting way. I had put stuffed pork chops on the menu for dinner and had still been kicking around some ideas and I thought why not use those tomatoes? I had spinach and herb goat cheese on hand and those beautiful boneless chops were begging to be stuffed! So I sauteed the spinach and tomatoes in some olive oil and garlic, added the goat cheese and stuffed the chops they I had lightly salted and peppered until overflowing.
In the same skillet (oven safe by the way) I heated a little more olive oil on medium high heat and seared the chops 4 minutes on each side.
Once browned, I drizzled some balsamic vinegar generously over then and into a 425 degree oven they went for 10 minutes
The flavor was incredible! Definitely a Mediterranean vibe with the goat cheese, tomatoes, spinach and Balsamic so I will name them my Mediterranean stuffed pork chops! And you thought I just stuffed chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment