Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Travel Spot: Las Vegas - Border Grill

The final Top Chef Masters restaurant of our Vegas trip was Border Grill one of 3 locations (plus a truck and a  "stop") operated by chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger. I had already gotten the info from the bride that her lunch there had been amazing so my husband and I were really looking forward to our lunch there. On Saturday and Sunday Border Grill does do a brunch but the main menu beckoned...as did the guacamole:
as did the strawberry sangria:
Then frankly I was stumped because there was so much to choose from. Luckily for me, the chef highlights on the menu his favorite selections so I went for the Poblano Chicken Torta which was grilled marinated chicken breast with jalapeño bacon (how could that be bad!), poblano aioli, saint andré cheese, roasted poblanos, caramelized onions and avocado with smoked paprika fries on the side.
My husband went for the Chicken Chilaquiles: crispy corn tortillas, tomatillo salsa, shredded chicken, manchego, panela and cotija cheeses with mixed baby greens with cilantro lime dressing.
He said it was like an extremely elevated version of chicken nachos...I explained if I made MY chicken nachos with manchego and other high dollar cheeses, mine would be elevated too!

Everything was sooo good and may ruin me on Mexican food for a while!

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I think we should all elevate our nachos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt! I think I see cheese shopping in my future

    ReplyDelete