Monday, September 26, 2011

Travel Spot: Las Vegas - Aureole

Upon arriving in Las Vegas my fiscally responsible husband and I decided we were going to splurge one night for dinner and go all out. Obviously we had a myriad of choices but we finally settled on Charlie Palmer's Aureole...which if you are unfamiliar with you will be able to see from this picture, has a fascinating feature.

This beautiful restaurant houses a four-story, temperature controlled glass and steel wine tower which is the largest in the world. I fill these pages with food but I am a huge fan of wine as well so this was a huge hook for me! See it up close:
With literally thousands of wines to choose from my husband were curious how a person gets through a wine list like that! Here's how:


Yes, that's my husband perusing Aureole's wine list, conveniently housed on a notebook computer. You choose your color, region, type etc and create a wish list of sorts that you can discuss with your server. It is quite possibly one of the most amazing wine related things I have ever seen!


With our wine chosen, it was off to the food and we both decided the delicious Pinot Noir we chose begged to start our evening with a delicious cheese plate. Okay purists, technically cheese plates are considered "dessert" but I like my cheese prior to my meal as an appetizer and what a lovely and delicious one it was:
I can barely pronounce and could not spell the delicious varieties we had, but according to his online menu we had L'EDEL DE CLERON, IDIAZABAL, MONTE ENEBRO,CAPRI HERB GOAT, ROBIOLA, and CAPRICIOUS AGED GOAT. Sorry to shout but sooo delicious!

Then it was off to entrees. I really wanted steak (I mean Charlie Palmer sort of equals steak right?) so I went with the blue cheese crusted beef tenderloin conveniently served with a pinot noir jus!
Hubby the tuna lover went for the seared ahi tuna loin served with a citron potato gratin. It may look delicate and light but my husband said it filled him up and was incredible (a little secret, he made the "O" face!)
Our evening there was amazing and even though we didn't choose a dessert they still served us the house petit fours (which I regret to say were eaten so quickly I forgot to photograph them). A delicious evening and since Mr. Palmer also has a New York location, I believe we'll be enjoying his food again some day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment