Monday, September 5, 2011

Steal of the Week: Mexican Coleslaw for Meatless Monday-Update

Remember that Mexican coleslaw recipe? I decided to Cook Crook the recipe up a bit and amp the flavor. I decided to use my Chipotle infused extra virgin olive oil from Savor the Olive!
And for a recipe like this if you don't already have an angled measuring cup like this one, you should get one! So much easier to measure!
The flavor was fantastic using the spicier oil! I think it would be super easy to add a little spice on your own too! It holds up well in outdoor situations and it's light flavor doesn't overpower other dishes.
Pretty isn't it? Oh and P.S. I cheated....I used the bagged coleslaw mix!! This will be a potluck and picnic staple for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. I made it and added tabasco sauce and cumin. Delicious! Not enough to make it hot, just enough to add flavor.

    ReplyDelete