Friday, July 15, 2011

Quick Meal: Chicken Sausage Fajitas

I have mentioned Al Fresco chicken sausages before in this blog and I continue to be impressed by their quality and taste. I also enjoy the different flavor options and the other day I picked up a package of their jalapenos and roasted peppers variety. Originally, I was going to make a play on an Italian sausage sub using Mexican flavors, but conveniently on the sausage package was a recipe for quick fajitas (and sadly I had used all of my red bell peppers for snacks for my kids. Not sad that they eat them, mind you, just sad I had used them all and not replaced them!)

I did have some leftover jarred roasted red peppers and decided to go ahead and incorporate them, along with the Vidalia onions I had on hand. I also had some limes and planned to add some lime juice while everything was cooking. Here is my prep:
This was also an excellent opportunity to use some more of the chipotle infused EVOO from Savor the Olive! (Seriously, their oils are AMAZING and I can’t wait to get more!) into the pan went all of the ingredients and after a few minutes I squeezed half a lime over the top:
Very, very simple. Scooped onto a flour tortilla and garnished with Mexican blend cheese, lettuce and sour cream:
The flavor was fantastic and had just the right amount of heat. Thanks al fresco for again helping make an easy and tasty meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment