Sunday, October 21, 2012

Steal of the Week: Pumpkin Bread

That awesome first CSA box experience included 2 pie pumpkins. Here then is my opportunity to confess I have NEVER cooked with fresh pumpkin. However, the opportunity presented itself and I was on the search for a pumpkin recipe calling for the fresh stuff.
Then I found this recipe for Pumpkin Bread by one of my favorite chefs, Alton Brown. It was especially attractive because it used the seeds too.
While peeling the pumpkin proved difficult (I was down a vegetable peeler) the food processor made quick work of shredding the flesh. I toasted the seeds to add and the result was moist, delicious and devoured by my office in one work day!
Admittedly, the seeds in my opinion did not add as much to the bread as I thought and I do not think they are absolutely necessary. I can see variations of this and definitely muffins would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment