Thursday, October 4, 2012

Quick Cupboard Meal: Spicy Indian

Today was one of those days when both me and hubby worked late and felt the whole day was rushed. It's nights like these I am glad I plan out meals! Tonight was an easy meal from ingredients I keep on hand (chicken, basmati rice, jalapenos, scallions, tomato paste) and two strategically purchased items: 1 jar of tikka masala sauce and 1 package of naan bread from our local grocery bakery.

The jarred tikka masala suace by Sharwood's is something we tried once before but decided needed something more. So tonight, I sauteed some scallions and thinly sliced fresh jalapeno in some olive oil and then added the chicken and sauce according to package directions. I then added about a tablespoon of tomato paste (the squeeze tube of tomato paste from Trader Joe's is a kitchen must have!) and some garlic salt. The sauce simmered, the naan was brushed with olive oil and heated in the oven, all while the rice cooked. In about 15 minutes, dinner was served! Once work slows down I want to try my hand at making my own Indian but for now this is a pretty good substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment