Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quick Meal: Bacon Wrapped Filet and Balsamic Green Beans

I don't think people believe me when I say an elegant and delicious meal can take only a few minutes to prepare and just a few ingredients.
This dish was two slices of thick cut bacon, one thick cut prime filet crushed black peppercorns, salt, olive oil, fresh green beans and Balsamic vinegar. It was all cooked using one pan on my stove top....and just as delicious as it looks. 

Using a mortar and pestle I ground the pepper corns and kosher salt together and coated both sides of the meat, pressing the peppercorns in like I would for steak au poivre. The steak was then wrapped in the bacon and secured with toothpicks. I heated a small amount of olive oil in my non-stick grill pan on medium-high heat and seared the steak on both sides. Then I turned down the heat and covered the pan, and continued cooking the steak 2-3 minutes on each side (I like mine medium rare to medium). I removed steak from pan to let rest and added the green beans into the pan. I sauteed them a few minutes and then added about 2 tablespoons of the Balsamic vinegar, tossing the green beans to ensure they were coated. I cooked them another few minutes and served them along side the steak.

Served with wine and crusty bread....better than a steakhouse I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment