Monday, May 23, 2011

Travel Spot: Culinary Dropout

Going through my photos I realized I never shared one of my favorite dining experiences while I was in Phoenix, a fabulous place in Scottsdale called Culinary Dropout. My friends raved about this "gastro-pub" with it's drink options and food of high quality and creativity and reasonable prices. When I walked in, the interior was so cool!

And the wait staff looks like they could just be clientele...jeans, flannels, rock star hair....an awesome ambience to say the least.

The menu was so unique but because at this point I had a very impatient and whiny 3-year old on my hands, I went straight for the drinks...and saw this drink appropriately called "Bells and Whistles": Maker’s Mark, bell Pepper Jalapeno Simple, basil, honey, and Lemon. and it was DELICIOUS!
Now any one who knows me, knows I am a sucker for gnocchi  (although I have still not mustered the courage to make Fabio's gnocchi recipe yet) and I have tried it at many a place. So when I saw "ricotta gnocchi with sausage and mushrooms" my mind was made up. 
and every bite was a creamy and savory delight...almost pushes me that much harder to try my own gnocchi...I'll let you guys know of course if I do. Regardless, next time I am in Arizona, this place will be on the list to return to...and maybe next time WITHOUT kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment