Friday, May 13, 2011

Travel Spot: Litchfield's at Wigwam Resort of Arizona

So the hubby, son and I traveled to Arizona to see a very dear friend of mine and her family. We arrived on a Thursday and left on the following Monday, but even with a short trip we had a great visit, enjoyed the weather and ate very well.

One of of our meals was on Mother's Day: a brunch my friend made reservations for at a restaurant located at the Wigwam Resort in Glendale, Arizona. Litchfield's  put together a great brunch set-up with the starters and dessert being served buffet style and then each individual chose their own freshly made entrĂ©e.

If I have never espoused my love for lamb on this blog or even if this is a restate of a previous exclamation: I LOVE LAMB! So I thrilled when I saw a mixed grill of lamb chops and shrimp and no one at the table was the least bit surprised when I ordered it. Even better, it came served atop a mushroom and goat cheese tart atop a bed of spinach....
Feel free to lick the screen.

It was in fact just as delicious as it looks...with perfectly grilled chops and shrimp and a luscious flaky tart I can't wait to attempt to recreate. And honestly I am also a sucker for presentation and the wooden skewer of shrimp perched int he chops and then stacked on the other items was a feast for the eyes as well.

I could eat there again...maybe I'll even take a look at the rest of the resort next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment