Friday, April 10, 2009

Herbs and Holidays

So it was a busy week for the Cook Crook and the Easter holiday is upon us. The parents are coming over for a holiday meal which means I will be creatively trying to find a way to please a meat and potatoes guy and a devoted low-carber. Should be interesting!
In the meantime, I am trying for the first time to grow my own herbs this year - fresh herbs are always something I appreciate and try to use whenever possible. They really bring the homemade taste to a jarred sauce and add flavor depth to meat and pasta. I started with chives, cilantro, parsley and basil this go round...I'll let you know how it goes!
My favorite use of fresh herbs will be incorporated into Sunday's menu: herb and horseradish encrusted beef roast - yum - slow roasted, medium to medium rare. I'll see what I can steal for side dishes between now and then!!
Until then, Happy Easter.

1 comment:

  1. I checked the pots this morning and there are green shoots in 3 of the four pots! Success may be at hand!

    ReplyDelete