Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spicy Chicken Salad

Sometimes a yummy meal comes from stealing an ingredient from another dish. Case in point: I have already discussed how I will spice, cook and cut up chicken to freeze for later meals. Sometimes, however, the dish I planned to use it for doesn't quite hit me as what I want to eat. My husband, however, is less a slave to his hunger instincts. If the menu says, chicken nachos, chicken nachos it is.

One evening, after thawing out a package of particularly spicy (I used a new Mexican mix that had a little more kick) sliced chicken for said nachos, I realized I really wanted a sandwich. Husband was amped for thsoe nachos though so I had half a package to work with to appease my stomach's whim. A sandwich sounded good but I really wasn't interested in just a regular grilled chicken sandwich. Then, it occurred to me that chicken salad would hit the spot.

I cubed my portion of the chicken, added the mayonnaise, some diced celery and a small squeeze of lime juice. Served on a whole wheat baguette, it was apparently exactly what my stomach needed...and hubby still got to enjoy his nachos.

1 comment:

  1. Great information here. You've been cranking out some good posts lately!

    ReplyDelete