Monday, April 20, 2009

Woe of the Working Mom - The Cook Crook Returns

Well -obviously your friend the Cook Crook has not made it into cyber world recently - what with Easter and work travel I couldn't even believe it was Monday already! Easter dinner was success though that I look forward to sharing as was my trip to California which had it's own share of cook crook moments.

So much to catch up on but let me put in one quick comment about the Virginia Culinary expo I attended yesterday. So many vendors there with their personal creations (salsa, relish, BBQ sauce, seasonings, dip mixes, etc.) - it was truly inspirational that anyone is capable of creating something delicious that can be shared with the world. I also want to put in a plug for Top Chef and one of my favorites: Fabio from season 5 who gave a cooking demonstration yesterday and was not only honest and entertaining but inspirational in his own right in terms of the simplicity of food and how 10 minutes of time to cook doesn't have to mean "peel back cellophane and heat 3 minutes". Thanks for reminding all of us and for continuing to keep fun in cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment