Monday, December 3, 2012

Dinner by Bestie

My best friend Steph and I met in college working in a not-to-be-named chain steak place. We roomed together after college and admittedly I never cooked as much as I do now. Fast forward 15 years. We are both married, with kids, busy careers and we live 3 hours apart. We don't get to see each other as often as we'd like so when she was in my town for a conference, I jumped at the chance to spend time with her.

We Christmas shopped. We had a girls night out with some of my other friends. We went to Whole Foods for lunch and then drinks. Then when it turned out she was free for dinner on Sunday, we decided on a home cooked meal.

She helped with the menu, asking me for ingredients for the goat cheese kisses and volunteering to make them and then requesting baby bok choy as a veggie. The weather was so warm we agreed grilling would be a great option for our main dish. I brought up the shrimp skewers I love and she suggested steaks to go with. Finally I decided on parsnips for our starch (a purée for sure!). I grilled the baby bok choy too....

This plate is the result.

Just as delicious as it looks. I loved cooking with her and I loved cooking by suggestion. Come back anytime Steph. I am happy to cook but next time I am buying!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I LOVE your blog, thank you!! And it was great meeting you tonight as well! Carol :)))

    ReplyDelete