Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Steal of the Week: Chicken with Pepperoni Marinara Sauce

Every once in a while I come across a dish that is not only company worthy but SHARE-worthy. After I made Chicken with Pepperoni-Marinara Sauce I told anyone I came across (including my no-carb mother) about it. It was delicious and I cannot wait to make it again! Thanks to Cooking Light for another awesome recipe. It was so simple and made practically with ingredients most of us have on hand.

Here is part of my mise en place:
I used turkey pepperoni because that's what we always have on hand and the jarred minced garlic because, well I was in a hurry! This is already one of Cooking Light's 20-minute super fast suppers and I shortened the time even further!
Jarred sauce obviously is the trick to a super fast meal and again is a home staple. I used the olive oil and garlic flavor for this go round.
Using chicken cutlets like the recipe calls for is another huge time saver. I purchased a package specifically for this recipe but usually I make my own.
The finish in the oven really makes the dish, allowing the cheese to melt and brown. I only use 2% mozzarella and with no pasta, this is a pretty carb friendly dish.I had no fresh basil on hand but used the fresh parsley I had left over form another recipe. It really came out beautiful and the response from my husband was overwhelmingly positive. It is already on next month's menu!
I am looking forward to trying different sauces as we continue to tweak the dish and the basil will definitely be on hand next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment