Saturday, February 11, 2012

On the Other Side of Sickness...party time?

And just like that I lost a week! Part of my absence I will blame on the bronchitis that would not die that was finally felled by 1600 mg of antibiotics a day. Part of it was my grad school class ramping up and part of it was I (GASP) lost my camera. The camera has since been found, I think I have school under control and now I can thankfully breathe through my noise AND complete a sentence without a coughing fit.

Now Valentine's Day is around the corner but also the time when I sort of ramp down with get togethers until the warm weather starts up again. Football is such an easy sport to build a party around and since the only one in my house and immediate friend circle with a college basketball obsession is my husband...don;t expect another big gathering until Spring!

That being said, I would be remiss to not share some highlights from our Super Bowl party...the two biggest being the blue cheese dip I made from Emerill's Potluck Cookbook (a gift from my mom this past Christmas) and the Nacho Normal Cheesecake made by my dear friend Ingrid. Below is the cheesecake:
Nacho Normal Cheesecake - recipe Food Network
I have mentioned my master baker friend Ingrid before and when I saw this featured in last month's issue of Food Network Magazine, I immediately passed it along to her and asked her to bring it as her contribution to the potluck. It looks like the magazine photo (actually IMHO it looks better, thanks Ingrid!)

Now about that blue cheese dip...
The recipe can be found here: Classic Blue Cheese Dip or buy a copy of Emeril's book: Emeril's Potluck (or if you are local I will happily loan it to you).

No matter where/how you get the recipe...make it...love it..and try not to eat an entire container of it yourself. This dip isn't exactly good for you except it has no sugar or artificial ingredients, so you low-carbers out there, enjoy!

It was a great football party, and maybe I am a little sad to see the fall and winter party season go, but there are more excuses out there to party I am sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment