Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oh Where Oh Where Has My Free Time Gone?

The date of my last post cannot be correct...I have cooked some good meals and found a few "keeper" recipes and one that I will tell anyone who will listen how delicious it is (The Cooking Light chicken with pepperoni marinara sauce which will be my NEXT post). But in all honesty, it's been a rough two weeks of craziness at work and home, out of town travel, overwhelming school assignments and consequently I have been a little too friendly with the take-out menu and depleted my store of emergency freezer meals.

BUT, the worse seems past and I have an amazing trip to Arizona in a few days to look forward to as my friend Amy and I are already planning wonderful eateries to visit. Every foodie needs a foodie friend!

In the meantime, thought I would share a very yummy (and healthy!) recipe from Paula Dean for baked sweet potato fries...consider it a belated Meatless Monday!

Baked Sweet Potato Fries - Paula Dean - Food Network


Ingredients
Olive Oil, for tossing
5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch long slices, then 1/4-wide inch strips
Oil
1 tablespoon House Seasoning (recipe follows)
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Line a sheet tray with parchment. In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat. Sprinkle with House Seasoning and paprika. Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

For the House Seasoning:  Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment