Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Reader Recipe: Cake Mix Cookies

I obviously have a great love for social media! I love how it connects me with old friends, keeps me connected with current ones and helps me connect to new people as well. When I started this blog, I really didn't just start it for me as I liked the idea of sharing food ideas with others but as I am the Cook Crook, I also wanted readers to share with me too!

Enter friend Michele, who I met through Facebook as she is the dear friend of one my sister-in-laws and of course knows my husband and the rest of his immediate family. She sent me a quick an easy recipe for cookies since I constantly lament about my lack of baking skills (I am working on them!) Her recipe for cake mix cookies was so easy I couldn't wait to try it! Here is her recipe as she told it to me.

Cake Mix Cookies
Ingredients
  • Box of cake mix (any flavor - we used carrot cake this time around)
  • 1/2 cup solid Crisco (I used the stick!)
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • eggs
Mix the ingredients by hand or in a food processor.
Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
They should still be a bit gooey in the middle when you take them out.
Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.

From Michele: "I dipped the chocolate ones in some powdered sugar before baking so they looked pretty...these also freeze really well...I put a few in a snack size bag and the kids put them in their lunches when they pack them and they are defrosted by lunch."


My family loved them as did my office. Good thing the grocery store recently had 10 boxes of cake mix for $10. Can't wait to try other flavors.Thanks Michele!

No comments:

Post a Comment