Thursday, June 9, 2011

Steal of the Week: Crock-Pot Pepperoncini Beef

Remember crock-pot cooking is not just for the winter and in a lot of ways, cooking in a slow-cooker during the warm months minimizes use of the oven and prevents the "wow it's hot in the house why don't we order out" reaction.

One of my new favorites is something I stumbled upon in my daily blog/Twitter reading. Someone tweeted about a very easy and delicious spicy beef recipe that created yummy meat for sandwiches. The claim was that all it took was a big piece of chuck roast and one 16oz jar of pepperoncinis. Since that person didn't cite a source or provide a link, to AllRecipes.com I went and found this recipe for Pepperoncini Beef.

Can I just say how easy this was? I mean really, a package of meat, a jar of pepperocinis and some garlic? This is what it looked like after I shredded it up in preparation to make the sandwiches.
Next I decided to put the sandwiches under the broiler to melt the cheese and nicely toast the buns. I decided on provolone while hubby went with American.
In the end it makes a very flavorful and very juicy sandwich. I see no reason why you couldn't add more spice, add onions or other things. But again, for a meal you don't have to think about all day....what a tasty easy result!
PS. Then I found this recipe for Drip Beef on one of my new favorite sites, ThePioneerWoman.com LOVE, LOVE and can't wait to try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment