Saturday, June 9, 2012

Party Time! Hot dog anyone?

I love entertaining. My husband may say it stresses me out with the cleaning, and shopping and cooking, but I love having people over, sharing food (and adult beverages) and just enjoying a great day. This year, instead of a Memorial Day party, we had a NOT Memorial Day Party and still had BBQ and grilled hot dogs with all the fixings.

I love hot dogs...a new article on Yahoo actually talks about the best and worst ones for you...but for me it's about the toppings. Any of you who witnessed in person or on TV my unique opportunity to serve Coach Marty Schottenheimer an impromptu hot dog, know I am all about topping it in unique ways (for those of you who didn't see it, I made a bacon wrapped hot dog topped with blue cheese cole slaw...delicious.) Last year for hubby's 40th we did a Hot Dog bar (idea courtesy of my friend Ingrid) and anything you could put on a dog we did.

I also love themes, and it just so happened we had leftover luau decorations I had recently discovered in our garage (from my little guys FIRST birthday! He's almost 5 y'all) and so as you can see form the tiki's, we went for it.

Enter my dear friend Ingrid, the master baker who upon being informed of the luau theme brought THIS to my party:
If I didn't love her I would loathe her due to my jealousy over her baking awesomeness. If you want to know how she made it, check out her blog at http://cookingforbetty.blogspot.com/ Might I add it was even more delicious than it was cool to look at!

Now if you'll excuse me, it's 85 degrees outside and I am in the mood for a hot dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment