Friday, September 28, 2012

From a Freezer and Delicious

As a busy mom that also works outside the home, and goes to school, and writes food articles, I do use what the culinary world calls "convenience foods". Usually it is to fill the gap of a side or shorten prep time. I do NOT just buy anything however and one of my go to items from the freezer are the sweet potato items from Alexia foods. We have bought their regular sweet potato fries, spicy ones and waffle ones. Then we found the sweet potato nirvana: Sweet Potato Puffs.

I was skeptical at first of this tater toy looking orange puff. However the moment the smell hit the house and I popped one in my mouth, all doubts erased. We snacked on them tonight while introducing my youngest to Harry Potter. Relatively guilt free and delicious. I am considering not sharing with the kids anymore. Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment