Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Steal of the Week: Cake and Ice Cream Sandwiches

I am all for easy baking since baking is neither my strong suit nor something I am patient enough to practice on a regular basis. Baking is also challenging in the summer so imagine my delight when I came across this blog post for Cake Mix Waffles from a blog I recently began following: http://www.cometogetherkids.com/

What was even BETTER was the idea to make these delicious waffle shaped pieces of cake into cake and ice cream sandwiches! This was so incredibly easy and I tried it out on my good friend Ingrid and her kids to no complaints....and there was the quote form my step-daughter " I like these better than the ones we get from the store". So clearly....these are genius!

This could not be any simpler...favorite cake mix into waffle maker and voila:
Not all of them got made into sandwiches I will admit and my husband was already imaging the frosting options:
I used frozen vanilla yogurt as a healthier option than full fat ice cream and it worked great. I agree with Laura about adding chocolate chips being a great idea and Ingrid was dreaming up ideas of chocolate ganache. I look forward to making these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment